Hey ladies! I hope your week has been going well! Mine has been really good and productive. I had some exciting news a few weeks ago that I had been accepted into rewardStyle. That was one of my goals when I started blogging so I was over the moon when I got accepted. What is so special about it you might be asking yourself? Most of my friends had no clue about it or that they could shop my looks using the LIKEtoKNOW.it app created by rewardStyle. When I explained this to them they got really excited and downloaded the app and followed me!
You may have heard of LIKEtoKNOW.it or have seen the hashtags in people’s captions on Instagram and wondered what in the world it is. Other people that know about it also might have a negative view of it. So, I want to tell you what it is and why I and others use it. Hopefully if you have a negative view I will change your mind!
What is rewardStye and LIKEtoKNOW.it
LIKEtoKNOW.it was created by rewardStyle and is a content management system that allows influencers, like me, to sell products on their website and through the LIKEtoKNOW.it app. RewardStyle is invitation only, which means you apply to get in and they will either accept or reject you. They do not tell people why they choose some people over others. You “hear” from the community that to get accepted you have to have a blog, be consistent on that blog at least two days a week, have an Instagram account with lots of followers and post on Instagram at least twice a day at the same time. It is really a mystery to most of us.
RewardStyle is part of what is called affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing usually consists of three parties. They are the Advertiser, the Publisher and the Consumer. In these technology days the internet and cell phones are the major means of shopping. Because of this affiliate marketing has become a very popular way for the Advertiser and Publisher to make money. The brand or retailer is the Advertiser, I am the Publisher and you are the consumer. RewardStyle is the middleman between the Advertiser and the Publisher by providing the digital tools for the publisher to use to monetize their content. It is totally genius!
Created for the Consumer
I think LIKEtoKNOW.it is a life saver for the consumer. Anyone can download the LIKEtoKNOW.it app from the app store and follow their favorite people and shop their looks! How amazing is that! I love marketing, so I think this is one of the most brilliant things in the world. Honestly, one of MY favorite ways to shop is on other people! Retailers see the immense impact this is having and will gladly spend their advertising budgets on commissions to people affiliated with the LIKEtoKNOW.it program.
Why I Love LIKEtoKNOW.it
In explaining all of this to you I want you to know that this is exactly why bloggers or influencers want to be a part of it. Blogging is not as easy as people think. Creating beautiful photos, picking the right things to wear in the photo’s and writing a good article are very time consuming. If someone loves this than why not find a way to make money doing it? This is a career for lots of women and is becoming even more popular.
Now, after saying that, I want to say that most people do not blog to only make money. For one, it takes most bloggers a long time to get to the point that they are making a decent income or an income at all. For me, I started this as a side thing with my styling business. I wrote a few articles for someone and realized that I loved doing it and so my blog was born. I specialize in styling women of all ages and saw an opportunity to monetize through what I was already doing.
I also LOVE to shop! You could call me a professional shopper. I am pretty good at finding things and most people I shop with tell me I have a good eye. I think the majority of women get frustrated with shopping and don’t have a lot of time to invest in it. Using the rewardStyle service has allowed me to shop for a broader range of women, besides my in town clients. It has in turn allowed the consumer to shop more easily without all the frustrations! It is a win win situation and it costs nothing for either party! Lastly, since I do spend lots of time shopping to find great pieces and good deals, making a little commission off of the item is something I am grateful for.
How does Liketoknow.it work
- The first thing you will need to do is download the LIKEtoKNOW.it app from the app store.
- Once you download the app you have to FOLLOW the people you like. You can shop their looks directly from the app.
- To shop in the app click on the picture in the feed and some icons for products will pop up below the picture. Click on the product you like and it will take you straight to the retailer selling the product!
- If you don’t want to purchase the item from your phone I would recommend going to the website of that person and shop through the links provided. I don’t like purchasing things on my phone so I always pull the person’s site up on my computer and use their links. I really want to support the people that are working hard to present the product. It will cost the consumer nothing but a couple more minutes and is a big deal to that publisher.
- You will also notice a cute symbol in the lower right hand corner of the picture on Instagram that helps signify that person is a member of LIKEtoKNOW.it.
- People that are part of LIKEtoKNOW.it also have the ability to create shops on their websites. I have a Style Shop in the main menu of my website. It will have drop down options for different shops that are all created through my LIKEtoKNOW.it program. They provide pretty graphics that make it easy for you to shop my suggestions at any time!
- They also provide links to insert into a blog post to make it easy for readers to shop. I also use this in most of my posts. For example, this picture below has all the products from the photo linked below it! The links are usually for the exact item in the picture or similar items available.
I really hope this helped you understand what this whole LIKEtoKNOW.it program is all about. It should be viewed as a positive not a negative from the consumer and the blogger. Tools like this are so important to this technology age where everything is changing in the retail industry. The internet and apps like Instagram and LIKEtoKNOW.it are a very large part of keeping the retail economy going. I am a huge fan of doing whatever is necessary to keep great brands around and the retail economy thriving because it is what I love. I hope you will learn to love it and do the same!
Lots of Love,