Hey girls! It’s the Play! by Sephora box time again! March has come and gone which feels a little weird. The months just fly by but sometimes the days feel so long! Are you with me? LOL! I am a little underwhelmed by this box and maybe it’s because I am not a festival person. The theme of it is Festival of Beauty. These samples are geared towards getting you into the spirit of festival season and helping you define your style
I also want to say that these posts are always the month after because I don’t get my box until the end of each month! I really wish I received it earlier in the month but that is just the way life works sometimes. I write this article to show you that there really is value in the subscription. I am not paid to do this or given a free subscription. I just truly love it and have found really good products I may have never tried!
I have not tried any of the samples of the Play! by Sephora March Box yet. There are a couple that really peeked my interest that I can’t wait to try. I will list them all for you and link them in case there is something you really want to buy! I also want to mention that you should sign up to be part of Sephora’s Insider Program. It is totally free and has lots of perks with it. One of those perks is the Sephora Beauty Bonus that is coming up for Insiders on April 20th. I believe there will be a discount and it is usually 15% or 20% depending on the year. You will earn points on your purchases and have the opportunity to become a VIB member by spending $350 or more a year or a Rouge member for spending $1000 or more a year. Also, being a Rouge member you have the opportunity to shop this event a week earlier than everyone else! I am a Rouge and it’s pretty great!
The Play! by Sephora March Box contained the following and I have provided some shoppable links if you are interested in looking at any of them. I will start with the 3 things I can’t wait to try!
- Buxom Plumpline Lip Liner in Hush Hush: I really love Buxom lip gloss so I can’t wait to try this. It claims to actually plump your lips! If it is anything like their Full-On Lip Cream than they aren’t lying. I love the cool feeling of the plumping gloss. It does not burn my lips but just gives them a nice tingle. The color of this is a dark mauve pink and will be perfect for my complexion and many others. This got a whopping 4.5 stars out of 140 reviews on Sephora’s website so there is hope that it is really good!
- Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 30 PA +++: You can block the sun and improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles with this product. I will jump right on that with my over (just a little) 40 aging skin! It also says it’s lightweight so you can add it again over your makeup throughout the day. We all know that fine lines and wrinkles come from the sun so everyone should wear an SPF of 15 to 30 on their face. I hope this one is a good one. I have always liked the Murad products, so I have high expectations for this one. Out of 521 reviews it is rated as a 4 star.
- Ouai Anti-Frizz Sheets: I keep forgetting to mention in these posts that we get 5 products and 1 bonus product. This anti-frizz sheet was the bonus for March’s box. I am very intrigued by this one and hope that it really works! You take the sheet and rub it down your hair and it supposedly gets rid of frizz and static. It makes me think of a dryer sheet! They totally do that as well. This should be very interesting. It does not have very good reviews, only a 3 star, so we shall see!
- Lancome Miel-en-Mousse Foaming Cleaning Makeup Remover with Acacia Honey: This cleanser starts out with a thick texture like honey and loosens up with water to a mousse-like texture. What I love about this product is it’s also a makeup remover. It got a 4 out of 5 stars from 46 reviews at Sephora.
- Sephora Collection Matte Perfection Powder Foundation in Shade 14 Neutral Linen: This is great if you like a matte finish and need a compact to carry with you on the go. They advertise it as a powder foundation with a creamy texture and this is correct. It is a powder and goes on creamy ( I tried it on my hand). I love the feel of it! My preference is a liquid foundation but I will give this a try just to see if I would even like a powder foundation. Matte finishes are a little tricky for me but if I found one that worked I would definitely use it.
- Verb Ghost Oil: I have actually received this one before and I’m not so sure I even tried it! At least I don’t remember trying it, so maybe I should this time. I am not a huge fan of oils on my hair to manage frizz. That is just my personal preference and I know lots of other people love it. It actually got really good reviews with 4.5 stars with 607 reviews at Sephora. So, if you like hair oils you should definitely give this one a try. It supposedly will not change the color of your hair like other oils and gives a radiant shine.
So there you go! The March box in a nut shell. I am really looking forward to the Buxom lip liner, the Murad Invisiblur and the Ouai Anti Frizz sheets! Please let me know if you have tried any of these products. I would love to know what you think of them!