Yay for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! If you have never shopped the sale, I would like to invite you to shop the sale along with me! I have shopped it the past few years and it’s one of my favorite sales of the year.
The coolest thing about this sale is most items that you will shop are new FALL items! They usually offer discounts of 25% to 50% off regular prices. You can find great staple pieces and fun trendy pieces to add to your fall wardrobe. I think Nordstrom is genius for creating a sale like this during the slowest month of the year for any clothing retailer! I worked contemporary women’s retail for many years and we absolutely hated the month of July. It’s the slowest month of the year! What Nordstrom has done is get sales up for July while getting people excited about the Fall season and new merchandise which is a win-win for us all!
What to Expect:
This is the third year they have allowed a fun Preview time so that EVERYONE can preview ALL of the items for the sale. You will have the ability to add any items to your Wish List and shop the sale quicker when it comes time for you to be able to buy. They always have specific dates for different groups of people to shop and even card holders get dibs on everything before the non-cardholder public. Here are the list of dates below:
June 29: Preview For All
July 6 – 14: Icon Status Early Access
July 7 – 14: Ambassador Early Access
July 9 – 14: Influencer and Cardholder Early Access
July 15 – 31 : General Public Gets Access!
Tips for Shopping Like a Pro
- Check out the Preview and decide what you want ahead of time.
- Download the Nordstrom App to your phone. You can add items to your Wish List or a shopping bag and they will notify you when they come back in stock. The popular items sell out usually before the general public is able to shop, so this is a great idea if you miss out on something. They usually restock but then it will quickly be gone again. I have had things disappear out of my cart before I even hit the purchase button. You can add items to your Wish List from a computer and they will email you when it comes back in stock but it will be better to set up the notifications through the app and receive the notification on your phone.
- If you are not a cardholder and think you would consistently shop at Nordstrom, I would get a Nordstrom credit card. It makes it easy to shop and a perk is early access to the sale. This means you will not miss out on the good stuff! If you want to apply you can do so HERE. (I am not an affiliate for the card, just wanted to help out!) You will also get a $60 bonus note with your first purchase using the credit card!
- If you are already a cardholder make sure your card is added to your Nordstrom account online. I checked mine this year and I had to add it again because my previous card expired. You want to do this to make sure your account is set to shop on the right date.
- Cardholders also have a double points day they can activate so don’t forget to do that before you shop. It is only good for 24 hours!
- If you live close to a Nordstrom they are offering Contactless Curbside Pickup and Returns as well!
My Personal Tips for You
I have some shopping tips to share with you that I have learned in the past couple years of shopping the sale. There are some things that have great value and can be a benefit to you all fall and winter season long.
- The first thing you will want to do is evaluate your current wardrobe for fall. Make a list of the things you need.
- The sale is great for some trendy pieces for the season coming up, so it’s good to know what is on trend for the Fall/Winter 2022 & 2023 season. I will have a post for that coming soon!
- I recommend looking at denim, jackets, coats, activewear, shoes and any other essentials you might need. These are what I have seen in past sales to have the best prices and value. The good coats seem to sell out quickly, so take a look at those first if you are in need of one for the winter. All of these items are staple pieces for your wardrobe that you will be able to wear all season long.
- If you are always in need of workout clothing, I found the best deals on leggings a few years from their in house brand called Zella. I bought three pairs of leggings at around $30 a piece and they are still going strong! They are actually my favorite leggings that I own. They are a little bit heavier weight and really amazing quality.
- Do not hesitate on an item you might want. Get it in your cart and hit purchase. You can always return it if you have buyers remorse or it doesn’t fit. The ordering and returns process is super fast and easy!
- If you think an item is cute but are not sure about it, purchase it anyway! You can always return it. I think I purchased and returned multiple times my first year of shopping the sale. They are usually really quick and easy to deal with. A return label is included in every box and if it isn’t you will easily have access to one online.
- If you are not sure of what size you would be, get the size you think and a size up or down, depending on how it runs.
- Lastly, just enjoy shopping at really good prices. Nordstrom offers a variety of price points and you can find some really affordable deals during this sale. I have purchased some things I would have not normally purchased because the prices were so good and I knew they wouldn’t be that low again.
Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions. I will have two more posts coming up that are related to the sale that you won’t want to miss. One will be my picks from the sale and the other will be the Fall 2021 Trends for the season. This gets me so excited for fall and I know we all need something to look forward to!
Stay tuned and happy shopping!
*I will made a small commission on any purchases made with my affiliate links in this post.